1. "A play for our time...a play you need to see" (Sunday Times). Mercury Fur asks us what lengths we would go to save ourselves and those we love. The play is immediate, brutal and vital.
2. theatredelicatessen are presenting Ridley's atmospheric play in their exciting new space at 3-4 Picton Place, London. They’ve taken over the building stripping in back to its original features. It’s an intimate, daring performance space not to be missed.
3. Philip Ridley is one of the most prolific and controversial artists of this generation. Mercury Fur was so terrifying to his publishers they refused to print it. Poetic, violent, tender, funny, dark, it pushes every boundary. If you want a play that takes you out of your comfort zone, this is the play for you.
4. theatredelicatessen have been declared one of the best fringe companies of 2009 and leaders of the DIY theatre movement by Time Out. They’ve been pioneering arts/business collaboration in theatre movement for the last two years, and helping put to use empty building. Help them continue this great work!
5. A completely alternative night out in the West End - a play that questions the essence of human existence, produced by an emerging theatre company, written by a writer whose work explodes onto the stage, in a venue as far away from sitting in the gods missing half of that saccharine musical your gran took you to. Take that Legally Blonde!
For more info visit www.theatredelicatessen.co.uk