This is the story of Heap Krusiak and Pebble Adverati, the greatest ice dancers of all time. When the world runs out of ice, the dancers refuse to be defeated; instead they put on their skates and continue to dance defiantly on wooden floors.
Described as ‘a prescident tale for our times’, the performance touches on themes of ecology and sport as well as how we cope with loss on a human and environmental scale. The company share five good reasons to come to see the show at York Theatre Royal on 23rd October 2010 before continuing to tour the country...
1. 6.0: How Heap and Pebble Took on the World and Won is up-to-the-minute contemporary theatre at its most accessible and funny: a rare chance to see a wonderful blend of physical theatre techniques, mime, movement, audience interaction, contemporary clowning and comedy.
2. 6.0: How Heap and Pebble Took on the World and Won is the story of two ice dancers in a world without ice! If you’re interested in the issues of climate change and the environment, this is an opportunity to see a poetic, visual response to the tricky artistic challenge of climate change. The Guardian awarded it a ‘Fringe Oscar’ for ‘making us laugh while trying to save the planet’!
3. 6.0: How Heap and Pebble Took on the World and Won is the story of two sportsmen who never give up. If you’ve ever played or followed sport, you’ll love the indomitable spirit of the two characters who never give up even in the face of absurd obstacles. Who else but the world’s best ice dancers would carry on ice dancing, even in a world with no ice?
4. Grab this chance to see one of the county’s most exciting young companies in an intimate venue! Even though it was formed just two years ago, Dancing Brick has been nominated for Total Theatre Awards as both Outstanding Graduate company and Best Emerging Company – they should be on the must-see list of everyone interested in new theatre.
5. Finally, 6.0: How Heap and Pebble Took on the World and Won is a must-see for anyone who loves Torvill and Dean!
Share via Email
No thanks, don't show this popup again.