Producer Katie Plews gives us five good reasons to see Cooking with Elvis, which is playing Upstairs at the Gatehouse in Highgate Village until 19 April.
1. It's written by the wonderful Lee Hall, who also wrote Billy Elliot and The Pitmen Painters.
2. It containts a unique mix of classic Presley tunes and Geordie humour.
3. Cooking with Elvis has been compared to the early black farces of Joe Orton.
4. It stars Mario Kombou, the only UK Elvis tribute act to be officially endorsed by the Presley Estate and Fisher Stevens, winner of Grampian’s Stars in their Eyes competition in 2001!
5. Follow the endearing story of the family’s pet tortoise...