Flood Closes Royal Court, Wanderlust Cancelled
A spokesperson told Whatsonstage.com today that the theatre aims to reopen this afternoon, with performances resuming as scheduled. But theatregoers are advised to check before travelling today, and also to contact the box office regarding refunds or exchanges for yesterday’s cancellation.
The Royal Court’s main house is currently dark. Artistic director Dominic Cooke’s UK premiere production of Bruce Norris’ Clybourne Park finished its run on Saturday (2 October), ahead of its West End transfer to Wyndham’s Theatre in the new year. The next production, the world premiere of Nina Raine’s Tribes commences previews on 14 October.
The weekend floods affected the plant room in the theatre’s basement and the emergency lighting system operated from there. Theatre manager Bobbi Stokes told The Stage that the flood water, which was not extensive, had been cleared and that the theatre should reopen today once the necessary parts on order to repair the lighting system had arrived.