Contest Winner Joins Stars at Sold-out Awards
Margaret entered a contest run by our Broadway-based partners, TheaterMania.com, to win a trip to London this weekend specially to attend the Whatsonstage.com Awards. She competed with thousands of other registrants and was randomly selected as the contest winner on 1 January 2011. The rest of her awards package includes two nights in the St Martin’s Lane hotel and tickets to The Wizard of Oz.
At the Whatsonstage.com Awards, Margaret will attend both the Concert and the post-show party with stars including: David Suchet, Tamsin Greig, Nancy Carroll, Sheridan Smith, Meera Syal, Michael Gambon, Craig Revel Horwood, Tamzin Outhwaite, Jill Halfpenny, Jenny Jules, Jemima Rooper, Rosalie Craig, Emma Cunniffe, Adam James, Nigel Lindsay, Victoria Hamilton-Barritt, Alex Gaumond, Chris Ellis-Stanton, Scarlett Strallen, Josefina Gabrielle, Joseph Millson, Michael Xavier, Paul J Medford, Dave Willetts, Simon Callow, Bob Golding, Howard Brenton, Timothy Sheader, Miriam Buether, Joanne Scotcher, Morgan Large, Peter Mumford, Stephen Mear, Robyn Addison, Jacob Casselden, Ali Bastian, Ben Richards, Zoe Wanamaker and Daniel Kaluuya.
If you’d still like to attend and don’t have tickets, we recommend that you try calling the box office on Sunday afternoon on 0844 482 5133 to check for returns that may become available, or join the queue for returns at the theatre on the night – there are always a handful of people unable to make it at the last minute.
The 2011 Concert is held in aid of this year’s adopted charity, The Theatrical Guild, which was founded by actors to provide financial and other support to front of house and backstage staff in times of need.
Miranda Hart, Sheridan Smith in Legally Blonde, Christopher Biggins
In addition to Smith, Biggins and Hart – as well as myriad acceptance speeches – the Concert line-up includes:
- Tony Award-winning tenor Alfie Boe singing the spine-tingling “Bring Him Home” from Les Miserables
- Best Actor in a Musical nominee Ramin Karimloo (Love Never Dies) out of his Phantom mask singing with Hadley Fraser and their newly formed indie-rock band Sheytoons
- Best Supporting Actress in a Musical nominee Jill Halfpenny also showing another side to her personality as she “moves on” from Legally Blonde
- Best Supporting Actor in a Musical nominee Michael Xavier performing alongside his Into the Woods co-star Simon Thomas
- Ghost The Musical stars Richard Fleeshman and Caissie Levy giving one of the first-ever sneak-peek extracts from the forthcoming world premiere, written by the Eurythmics’ Dave Stewart and Glen Ballard
- a sneak-peek of another forthcoming West End musical, Kneehigh’s new version of Michel Legrand The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, featuring cabaret legend Meow-Meow
- additional show extracts from OperaUpClose’s record-breaking modern version of La Boheme (Rhian Lois, Laurence Meikle and Martin Nelson), nominated for Best Off-West End Production and now returned for another sell-out season at Soho Theatre; and Brits-abroad comedy and Best New Musical nominee Departure Lounge (Steven Webb, Jack Shalloo, Liam Tamne and Coronation Street heartthrob Chris Fountain)
- performances by other West End stars including Annalene Beechey, Rosemary Ashe, Madalena Alberto, Hannah Levane and Jodie Jacobs, accompanied by the West End Gospel Choir and dancers from Arts Ed
The Concert is directed and devised by Russell Labey, with musical supervision by Iain Vince Gatt, lighting by Mike Robertson, sound by Ben Harrison and choreography by Lizzi Gee. It’s produced by Stuart Piper and Jason Haigh-Ellery on behalf of Whatsonstage.com, with general and production management by Jon Bath for Cole Kitchenn Ltd.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS: