Re-built after a long period dark re-opened during 1996. This site has had a place of entertainment since 1765 but it started doing plays in 1809 when the Drury Lane company moved there (their own building having burned down). The Lyceum was rebuilt in 1812 by Beazley and burned down in 1830 (16th February). Reopened in 1834 as the Royal Lyceum and English Opera House, this building also by Beazley. Linked with Henry Irving from 1871. Scheduled for demolition in 1939, but saved by the outbreak of war. Became a dance hall in 1945. Society of London Theatre member.