210 Shaftesbury Avenue
West End, Greater London WC2H 8DP
The first theatre to open in Shaftesbury Avenue on 20 Oct 1888. The original theatre was destroyed by bombs in 1941. A second theatre opened 26 Dec 1911 (originally the Prince's), badly damaged in 1940/41. Changed name to Shaftesbury in 1963. Housed the famous Hair performances in 1968. 1404 seats. Member of the Society of London Theatre.