1. It's a treat for any fan of Stephen Sondheim's music and lyrics. I’ve chosen a great mixture of comic and dramatic songs, some will touch you emotionally like Not While I'm Around, Send In The Clowns and I Remember; others will simply entertain. There is also work by fabulous wordsmiths John Bucchino and Brett Kahr, whose writing is very Sondheim-esque so should be right up your street if you're a Sondheim fan. And if you’re not familiar with these songs the show is a great introduction to some funny, moving and witty work.
2. Had enough of X-Factor and the like? Why not try an afternoon of live and intimate musical entertainment? The stage at The Above The Stag Theatre is small and the audience close to the artist. It’s a friendly and personal experience without a load of lights, smoke and effects to distract you from the real reason for being there - wonderful music and singing. And definitely no singing twins in sight! … and if you’re still pining for X Factor you can still be home to catch the results!
3. The songs take you on a tour of my life so far - from my first sexual adventures with my teacher, living and working in Berlin, Vienna and London to the loss of my beloved Grandmother who introduced me to theatre. It's all there in word and song for you to laugh and cry.
4. The Above the Stag Theatre is in a great location, right in the heart of Victoria – easy to find just behind Victoria Palace Theatre. And it’s only 100 metres away from the mainline and tube station, so, easy to get to from anywhere in London, and even Brighton! Why not stay on for a drink in the friendly pub downstairs afterwards.
5. Cabaret’s a dialogue. I’ll be lonely if you don’t come! Do pop in, I’ll sing you some beautiful songs, share some fun stories and help you forget the November rain!
For more info on Somewhat Over The Rainbow, visit www.abovethestag.com
Share via Email
No thanks, don't show this popup again.