Dale Vicker is a local fringe theatre actor who has starred in Charles Busch's Die, Mommie, Die produced by Vertigo Theatre Productions.
Before returning to the company for Christmas Sorority Massacre Dale can next be seen in the new musical Someone Borrowed, Someone's Blue opening at the Three Minute Theatre from 19 - 22 August as part of Manchester Pride Fringe and produced by New Attitude Theatre Company.
Here, he gives you five reasons why you should go along.
1. Costumes and wigs! For a small musical we sure have lots of fabulous costumes, wigs and a few boas thrown in for good measure. Sandy Beach is the Manchester's top drag queen so expect the most outrageous frocks and do's!
2. A great score! This is the second time the play has been performed and it was felt the natural progression for the piece was to become a musical. Of course there are many camp ‘sing along' type songs but also some really heart felt ballads from a talented cast. Audiences will be tapping their feet to a good old Cher song one minute and reaching for their hankies the next.
3. Support! Someone Borrowed Someone's Blue is part of Manchester Pride Fringe 2013. This celebration of over 50 plays, exhibitions and art pieces is a vital part of Manchester's popular festival, which grows year on year. It's important to attend and support as many events as we can so we can keep this a firm fixture in the Summer calendar and hence continue funding.
4. It's a love story! Lets face it we love nothing more than a good love story and this is what the musical truly is! Although Sandy Beach can be brash and crude she has a craving to be loved and even shows a vulnerable side to her a couple of times .. beware though if you blink you may just miss it. .. but what about Wendy? (Sandy's sister).. will she ever find love that doesn't come from a double chocolate fudge cake with extra cream?...
5. The cast! From cast members who have never acted before to some fringe old timers, we have a fantastic cast who have bags of energy and bring so much to their roles. We have a wonderful backing arrangement who never leave the stage and provide the perfect melody needed on such a piece. A few surprises along the way with regards to casting will set this musical apart from the rest… check out Sandy's mum for a start!!!
Share via Email
No thanks, don't show this popup again.