The sun is starting to peek through the clouds, diets are beginning again and there seems to be a hen/stag do every weekend, this could only mean one thing; wedding season is just around the corner.
For those of you making last minute plans and wanting to give your special day a theatrical sparkle, here's Ben Hewis' top 11 tips for a Stagey wedding:
1. Stagify your invitations
Let your guests know about the event with a glitzy ticket invite, like the one above available here
2. Use one of Shakespeare's sonnets for your wedding reading
3. Name your tables after your favourite musicals
This couple went further by theming their whole table around each musical.
4. Hold your reception in a theatre
There's nothing like a good old Proscenium Arch as a backdrop for your first dance. Mr & Mrs McWilliams chose the beautiful Intimate Theatre in North London to celebrate their special day
5. Bake a stagey cake
...or get someone really talented to!
6. Singing waiters!
Surprise your guests as their waiters break into song. West End Singing Waiters use drama school trained performers, many of whom have appeared in West End shows to add that little extra surprise to your wedding celebrations
7. Choose a showtune for your first dance
Dirty Dancing anybody?
8. Put your favourite showtunes on a CD to give as a favour
Uncle Bob may not be a fan of Priscilla but your Auntie Joan will love it...
9. Give your bridesmaids a stagey gift
10. Do your order of service like this...
We just love this idea for the wedding programme found on etsy