Five Reasons to See ... When the Lilac Blooms, My LoveDate: 12 April 2010
When the Lilac Blooms, My Love plays in the main house at Leicester Square Theatre from 14 April to 1 May 2010. Here, producer Tatiana von Saxe gives us five reasons to go along...
1. It's the world premiere of the first play by acclaimed New York novelist Jane Huxley, adapted from her own novel.
2. Simon Cowell believes author Jane Huxley has the X Factor! He described her work as 'glitter and gutter... lovelorn, wartorn and a compelling read’ and Dame Beryl Bainbridge is also a fan: "a thrilling, cleverly constructed story of love distorted by jealousy".
3. When the Lilac Blooms, My Love marks the return to actor after a 15-year absence of Sally Farmiloe-Neville, best known for playing scheming bitch Dawn Williams for three years in the BBC drama Howard’s Way, which was launched in an attempt to produce a UK rival to Dynasty and Dallas. And her co-star is the truly wonderful Judy Cornwell, best know for Keeping Up Appearances.
4. Release your inner cat: the play tackles the highly topical subject of cougars - older women who prey on younger men.
5. It is spring, and the lilacs are in bloom... Isn’t this a good enough reason?
For more info visit www.lilacbloomsplay.com