Five Reasons to See ... The Tiger Lilies On TourDate: 12 March 2010
The Tiger Lillies are currently on a new national tour, which visits Croydon tonight (12 March) and Reading next week (19 March). Here, the "world's foremost Death Oompah band" give us five reasons to go along.
1. “A Tiger Lillies gig is a journey into wild emotion that passes right through melodrama and out the other side into bizarre beauty.” - Evening Standard
2. The world's foremost Death Oompah band will perform songs from their Olivier award-winning smash hit show Shockheaded Peter, along with a selection of numbers from their Grammy nominated album The Gorey End and other deranged fan favourites.
3. The Tiger Lillies are like alchemists, taking the darkest, most grisly subjects – death, drugs, whores, murderers, STDs – and turning them mysteriously into gold. Their deliciously devilish melodies will leave you twisted yet begging for more.
4. Formed in 1989 and establishing a worldwide cult following, The Tiger Lillies defy any singular description and operate within their own eccentric definitions.
5. A completely alternative night out - poetic, violent, tender, funny and dark, this show is written by a writer whose work explodes onto the stage and pushes every boundary. If you want an experience that takes you out of your comfort zone, this is the one for you.
For more info visit www.tigerlillies.com