Five Reasons to See … Ballet BlackDate: 2 July 2009
Ballet Black is a dance company, established to raise the profile of black and Asian dancers in classical ballet. They're performing their biggest show to date tonight (2 July) at the Hackney Empire, and here give us five reasons to go along.
1) This is a fantastic opportunity to experience a rare performance by renowned dance company, Ballet Black, who celebrate black and Asian dancers in classical ballet. This is our biggest show to date and we are proud to perform in such a prestigious, historic venue.
2) Three Linbury ballets top the bill: Pendulum, the raw and dynamic pas de deux from Martin Lawrance, Kinderszenen, Antonia Franceschi’s salute to Schumann and Depouillement, Will Tuckett’s musically driven pure dance piece.
3) This colourful programme will be performed by our small, international group of dynamic dancers.
4) Michelle Obama attended our preview of this show earlier this year and is a fan.
5) Tickets are reasonably priced at £12.50 - £16.50 and proceeds go towards ensuring a next generation of black and Asian dancers are inspired to dance.
For more info visit balletblack.co.uk