Five Reasons To See ... Me, Mum And Dusty SpringfieldDate: 29 January 2010
1. The Writing - This wonderfully black comedy will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions as it charts the troubled life of Mary and her battles with her Mother, Dusty Springfield, Tom Jones and Enrique Iglesias. it really does have something for everyone, laughs, tears and many tantrums.
2. Performance – Up and coming Manchester based actress Stephanie Ridings takes on this one woman show and beautifully embodies a range of characters portraying a variety of emotions and dilemmas.
3. Director - The work has a new director Manchester based Christopher Sudworth who brings with him a wealth of experience. Chris specialises in developing new work that reflects the diversity of contemporary Britain and has received a Manchester Evening News Theatre Award-nomination for Mind The Gap.
4. Dusty Springfield –You can’t help but be swept away by the music and lyrics of this amazing icon which are sprinkled throughout the work. Not to mention the false eyelashes and abundance of mascara which help recreate Dusty’s trademark style.
5. Critical Acclaim- Since the shows initial conception in 2008 audience and critics have loved Me, Mum and Dusty Springfield.
Me, Mum And Dusty Springfield runs from 12 - 13 February at the Lowry. To book, click here.
Back to Northwest Homepage