Five Reasons To See...Sammy J In The Forest Of DreamsDate: 13 August 2009
With Avenue Q continuing to pack 'em in, puppets are back and this time, they're baaad! Well, not quite, but we have certainly moved on from Bill & Ben. Sammy J In The Forest Of Dreams is a two-man musical, also featuring a cast of puppet side-kicks. Currently in Edinburgh, the show arrives at the Lowry in September.
Sammy J gives us his five decent reasons why you should part with your hard-earned cash to see him perform with his furry friends.
1) In a world dominated by terror, financial meltdowns, and global warming, there's never been a better time to laugh. And the best way to laugh is by watching humans and puppets interact in a full-scale comedy musical.
2) The number of home assaults has risen sharply in recent years. Therefore, the more time you can spend outside of your home, the safer you will be.
3) Perhaps there's someone you have a romantic interest in? What a fantastic idea for a date! You can laugh, cry and sing along with Sammy J & Heath McIvor, all the while slowly moving your hand down the thigh of the person
next to you.
4) "Everything on TV is rubbish." Do you agree with this statement? We thought so. Well then, what better way to protest against the rot on our screens than by going out and seeing some live comedy?
5) The show was a sell-out hit at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. However, traveling to Edinburgh can be time consuming and costly. Far more sensible to stay local. Save your money, have a laugh, and come and see the Forest of
Sammy J In The Forest Of Dreams runs at the Lowry from 3 -4 September. For more details, click here.
Back to Northwest Homepage