The festival theme this year is ‘Traditional Family Values’, encompassing over 35 events including new commissions and world premieres that celebrate and explore ‘the family’ in all its queer diversity.
Describing this year’s festival, Homotopia Director Gary Everett said;
“Politicians and religious leaders continue to attack gay and trans peoples’ human rights at home and abroad making festivals like Homotopia ever more pertinent. We present this cornucopia of controversial, camp and colourful culture as a proud demonstration of the rich wealth of talent that exists within our queer family.”
This year's events include:
. the world premiere of Epstein a multi media play about the man that made the Beatles
· the first solo show outside London of work by 2009 Turner Prize nominee Enrico David
· UK premiere of Habibi Problem by Austrian dance company cieLaroque
· the recreation of a council house as live art set inside Camp and Furnace
· UK premieres of 2 new films by New York director Matt Wolf
· drag fabulist Dickie Beau presents an exploration of stardom using audio of Marilyn Monroe
· Acoustic performance by Patrick Wolf as part of his world tour
For more details visit the Homotopia 2012 website.